Instructors / Training Index
Andrea Raves Clinics
Achieve your goals using the skills and knowledge of New Zealand’s highest German qualified dressage instructor.
- Holder of Pferdewirtschaftsmeister (German Master of Horse Trainer & Instructor)
- Equestrian Sports NZ Elite Coach, Dressage NZ A Grade Trainer
- Coach to 2016 Rio Olympic competitor Julie Brougham and Vom Feinsten
Andrea offers her clients the benefit of:
- A structured training programme based on the internationally recognised ‘Scale of Training’
- Ongoing support between lessons and at shows
- Extensive and successful competition experience in NZ and Australia at PSG and Grand Prix level
- Over 30 years teaching in New Zealand with a proven track record of successful clients at all levels
- Regular visits to leading overseas international trainers for updates on the latest trends and coaching techniques
- Ability to relate to riders of ALL abilities and ALL levels from beginner to advanced
- An affinity for coaching children and young riders
- Regular clinics throughout NZ (one on one)
“Take Your First Step to Dressage Success”
Contact Julie Fraser for next date in Nelson or Andrea Raves for details of her next clinic in your area
Nelson Dressage is organising Christine Weal to run clinics for our graded riders which if well received we will organise on a regular basis. Costs for her flights will be covered from the Development Fund which has been set up to further educate riders and judges in the area.
Cost per lesson is $80. Venue: TBA
Expressions of interest / bookings to: Helen Trotman email@example.com
About Christine Weal – Dressage Rider & Trainer
Christine is a professional rider and trainer located in Te Awamutu. She is a well know dressage rider and trainer and has a long history of success in advanced level competition as well as starting young horses in their competitive careers.
She has represented NZ numerous times, has been National Advanced Champion twice and has also enjoyed success as a trainer with several working pupils and clients of hers going on to represent NZ. Christine has also invested in her own professional coaching and riding skills by spending NZ winters obtaining international experience and knowledge.
Her philosophy is: “Performance focussed training that meets the rider’s goals for achievement. Enabling a harmonious and fun partnership for horse and rider that brings out all available talent from the horse.”
Julie Fraser - Lessons & Massage Treatments
I am a L5/6 rider with a passion for correct basics, and love finding ways to explain to riders how to achieve correct training. Goal setting and problem solving.
Having started many green horses and taken them thru to competition I have certainly learnt how to deal with many different types of horse personalities.
I help riders from very green thru to competing L6 and am very happy to get on clients horses so I feel what they feel and help find a way thru.
Travel Richmond/ Rough Island thru to Wakefield twice a week and do lessons from my own arena
in Mapua four days a week.
Treatments include Pulsating Electro Magnetic, Laser, Massage Therapy Rug Treatments, Tissue Massage and Passive Stretching.
Working with riders novice through to advanced level. Specializing working with young riders to reach their full potential. My sports psychology training helps riders with their goal setting and over coming challenges.