ESNZ Young Dressage Horse Rules and Guidelines
Nelson Area Dressage Group Champions Accumulator - Kindly sponsored by Richmond Roast House & Cafe
We have 3 Pony and 7 Horse dress rugs to be won. Ponies Level 1, 2 & 3. Horses Levels 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6/7 & 8/9
- Open To Graded Horse/Rider Combinations Only
- Combinations may only be eligible for one grade
- To have competed a minimum 2 of the 3 shows - Eyeopener Tournament, Spring Tournament and Championship Tournament.
- Points based on placings 1st = 10 to 10th = 1
- In the event of equal placings overall winner in each grade will be calculated on highest %
- Prizes to be presented at Championship Tournament
Richmond Roast House Championship Tournament
Richmond Roast House Spring Series
Points to be accumulated over Eyeopener Tournament and Spring Tournament.
Allocation of points in each grade will be decided by placings, and on scores Levels 1-5 57% or higher and Levels 6+ 55% or higher. In the event of equal points the champion will be decided by the highest average %.
Non-graded Classes: This year we will also be running a Dunstan Non-Graded Spring Series over both tournaments. Points will be accumulated as per the graded classes. Champion & Reserve Sashes - Non-Graded Level 1 Horse, Non-Graded Level 1 Pony, Non-Graded Level 2 Horse & Non-Graded Level 2 Pony. Plus feed the champions.
*Points 1st = 6, 2nd = 5, 3rd = 4, 4th = 3, 5th = 2, 6th = 1
**Points 1st = 9, 2nd = 7.5, 3rd = 6, 4th = 4.5, 5th = 3, 6th = 1.5
Sashes will be awarded to Champion & Reserve in each grade (L1, L2, L3, L4, L5, L6/7, L8/9) Plus trophies for the following.
Level 1 Nelson Champion: Trillion Trophy
Level 2 Nelson Champion: NA Chang Trophy
Level 3 Nelson Champion: Nelson Riding Centre Trophy
Level 4 Nelson Champion: Lance Muir Trophy
Level 5 Nelson Champion: El Contessa Trophy
Level 6-9 Nelson Champion: Hamer-Gameson Trophy
Nelson Dressage - Pamela Reid Young Dressage Horse
- Open to all Nelson & Marlborough Riders
- Open to Non-Graded & Graded combintions
- To be eligible for the overall trophy each combination must enter two of the three classes
- Horse Eligibility - Age: For 4, 5 & 6yr graded horses only based on the official birth date is:
- Horses to compete at the following levels, 4yrs - Level 1, 5yrs - Level 2, 6yrs - Level 3
- Classes to be held September, November and January.
- Class to be run in concurrently with main class as stipulated on schedule.
- Tests to be ridden in 20m x 60m arena
- Results will be decided on highest points at nominated level. In the event of a tie results will be decided on percentage.
Nelson Dressage - Richmond Saddlery Young Rider Series
- Open to all Young Riders 21 and under.
- Levels 1-3 Graded & Non-Graded
- Levels 4+ Graded
- Riders to nominate grade on entry
- Scores from Nelson Dressage Eyeopener Tournament, Spring Tournament & Championship Shows may be used.
- Points allocated for 6 results from nominated grade including MFS, this must include complusory A, B, C & D scores plus next top 4.
- Points allocated as follows:
- Levels 1-3 Under 50% 1pt, 50%-55.99% 2pts, 56%-59.99% 3pts, 60%-64.99% 5pts, 65%-69.99% 7pts, 70%+ 10pts
- Levels 4+ Under 50% 2pts, 50%-55.99% 3pts, 56-59.99% 5pts, 60%-64.99% 7pts, 65%+ 10pts
- Ribbons 1st-4th in each grade
- Top scoring overall rider with highest points wins "Purple Sage Trophy",
- Overall Rosettes 1st to 4th.
- Champion will receive $100 voucher, Reserve $50 voucher
- 3 Mystery Prizes Up for Grabs
- In the event of a draw the rider with the highest % wins.
ANNUAL AWARDS - to be presented at Annual Prizegiving
Nelson Dressage - Equine Cobbler Non-Graded Rider Accumulator
- Open to all non-graded (un-registerested) riders
- Introduction to Level 2
- Points calculated as follows: 1st - 10pts, 2nd - 9pts, 3rd - 8 pts, 4th - 7 pts, 5th - 6pts, 6th - 5pts, 7th - 4pt, 8th - 3pt, 9th - 2pt, 10th - 1pt
- Points are taken over September, November and January Nelson Tournaments.
- Prizes awarded for 1st to 6th Place at Annual Presentation.
Nelson Dressage - Special Awards
Awarded at our annual awards presentation. The winners will be chosen by the Nelson Dressage Committee except for the Partnership Award which will be decided by local judges.
Rising Star Newcomer
For a horse/pony new to dressage
For someone who has made a fabulous effort and clearly given their best
Most improved combination over the season
For a rider with a positive attitude and obviously enjoys the sport
Nelson Dressage - Annual Awards
Tahuna Pharmacy Cup - Most points Nelson Riders (top of the South circuit)
Tahuna Pharmacy Points Prizes for Graded Horses - Points calculated as follows: 1st - 7pts, 2nd - 5pts, 3rd - 3pts, 4th - 1pt. Points are taken over September, November and January Nelson tournaments & Marlborough October tournament. Prizes awarded for 1st to 4th place.
Tahuna Pharmacy Points Prizes for Graded Poines - Points calculated as follows: 1st - 7pts, 2nd - 5pts, 3rd - 3pts, 4th - 1pt. Points are taken over September, November and January Nelson & Marlborough October tournament. Prizes awarded for 1st to 4th place.
70% Awards - Remember to keep your 70% test sheets from graded competitions to claim your award at the annual dinner. Only one medal awarded to each combination at each level. Post to the secretary by 31st March 2018.
Paula Alana Friend Trophy - A Nelson graded combination with the most points overall for the whole graded season (1 April 2014 - 31 March 2015).
Martingale Stud Trophy - Most points for graded pony for whole graded season.
Endeavour Trophy - Awarded by the Hart Family for services to any area of dressage.
Mindi Fowler Memorial Trophy - To the Junior Young Rider gaining the three highest percentages for graded Level 1 or 2 classes, from three different judges at any three of the four dressage tournaments.
Pamela Reid Judges Bell - Most respected judge elected by riders at the end of the season.
Lissant-Clayton Master's Trophy - For riders aged 50 plus. Awarded for the highest percentage of any one graded test during the Nelson Summer Series.